With management direction, responsible for supporting projects and programs to ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs through a role in Global Safety and the Environment at West Point site.
- Integrates EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieves continuous performance improvement, meeting EHS performance objectives.
- Partners with operations to develop means to achieve these goals in alignment with site business goals and values.
- Completes hazard assessments, process hazard analysis, life safety reviews, assists in conducting incident investigations, environmental regulatory field analysis, environmental reports and permit applications.
- Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS-related questions and concerns as they are raised.
- Develops and reviews EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Provides support for the formation and sustained performance of action oriented departmental EHS committees.
- Assure completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements as assigned.