- Work Independently and as a Team member with Integrity, Precision, Accomplishment, Motivational Ambition, Respect, Inclusion.
Overseeing lab activities:
- Managing a section of the lab and collaborate with the rest of the team to fabricate parts designed by anyone in the lab or by the collaborator. The lab is broken up into sections or equipment, where each section or pieces of equipment is owned and maintained primarily by one individual.
- Performing preventative maintenance on managed equipment.
- Repairing equipment when appropriate.
- Coordinating fabrication scheduling with the rest of the lab team, and pulling from the print queue and operating the printers or other fabrication equipment to make necessary parts for incoming projects.
- Working with suppliers on the installation, maintenance and movement of hardware and software, and will manage the capacity and shift workload to appropriate 3D technologies internally and externally with pre-selected suppliers.
- Collaborate with lab mates to knowledge transfer printing and assembly requirements to complete iterations and projects.
- Visually inspect, fit test, test function, or perform other engineering tasks to confirm quality of components or parts are fit for purpose prior to leaving our lab.
Post-processing and assembly:
- Post-processing 3D printed parts, such as washing/curing SLA parts, solvent welding or joining with epoxy pieces, and installing hardware to realize a physical prototype or end-use component or design.
- Collaborating with the designer to understand any tolerances and functionality requirements.
This job varies day to day and week to week. Any missing % in the role would be additional time spent in previously noted duties, or other miscellaneous duties as needed. Some examples of miscellaneous duties:
- Receiving raw material shipments and refilling stock room.
- Participating in weekly lab cleanups and waste management.
- Attending and sharing in weekly global meetings for operations and best practices.